||Dancelicious House/R&b/Dancers. Place: nul art bar 48 Agioi Anargyroi St. h 22.00. FreeMango Radio Urban Season Premiere Party Live Performance. Place: Blender (The Mall Athens) Green Line Metro , Neragiotissa Stop. Free
||Jam Session Place: Akadimia Platonos 8 Agioi Anargyroi St. h 17.00-20.00 FreeParov Stelar* Electronic Jazz Place: Gagarin 205 Live Music Space 205 Liossion St. h 20.30. € 30
Goodness of Death Techno/Trance/Dj’s Place: Lavabore Club 25 Fillelion St. Syntagma Sq. h 2.30 Free
||Red Bull Cliff Diving Series Sporting event Place: Vouliagmenis Lake. BUS E22 from Syntagma Sq. 28 km from the center.
||Half on Mondays* Half price live Jazz. h 22:00. From 15€. Place: Halfnote. 17 Trivonianou St.Random land_random poet Art Performance Place: Teatro Altera Pars 123, Max. Alexander St, Kerameikos. h 22.00-23.00
||“Other world’s souvenirs” – Art Exhibition Opening. Place: TAF (The Art Foundation). 5 Normanou St, Monastiraki (2 minutes from the hostel! From Ermou St, first left.) An outdoor bar situated in the courtyard of a neoclassical builing.
||Spaghetti Western Orchesta* Ennio Morricone’s Music Live. Place: Badminton Theater Alsos Stratou (Metro Line 3: Katechaki Station) h 21.00 € 30. Tickets: www.ticketnet.gr Until 25/09
|Thursday 24 September
||Vanessa Mae* Violin performance Place: Odeon of Herodes Atticus Dionysiou Areopagitou St. (Acropolis metro) h 21.00 From €60 http://herodeion-events.gr
19 & 20 Sep @ The ECO Meet Market
Find plenty of ecological creations ranging from 2nd hand vintage collections, organic cotton wears, paper goods, trash art, bio foods, accessories made from various recycled findings, games and free prizes all with a strictly vinyl eco line-up. Place: Pure Bliss 24 Romvis & Kolokotronis 11:00 – 23:00 each day.
17-20 Sep @ Aegina Fistiki Fest
The festival of pistachio in Aegina, the Greek island that is still Greek and not spoiled by mass tourism. Located at only a 40 minute “Flying Dolphin” distance from Piraeus, the big harbour of Athens. Gastromony, Concerts, Theatre, Visual arts, Workshops… Further information: http://www.aeginafistikifest.gr
Events @ AthenStyle
Exhibition “Multicultural” by Tommaso Chiappa
The Italian artist lands in Athens to present his exhibition in which the artist shuffles the cards and tries to establish various parallelisms between places and integration concepts. Tommaso Chiappa throws our point of view into his perspectives, between desolated roads and aerial views enlightened by improbable beams of light.
AthenStyle Basement. Until 30/9
Ongoing Exhibitions in Art Bars (free)
- “Other world’s souvenirs” Art Exhibition. 22/09-22/10. (TAF 5 Normanou St, Monastiraki) Opening hours 19.00 to 1.00
- Babis Xerikos – Art Exhibition. Until 12/09. (Bartesera, 25 Kolokotroni, Psyrri)
- Katerina Kyriazopoulou – Pop-art collage. Until 31/12. (Zazzium, 33 Ippokratous & Didotou, Exarchia)
Ongoing Exhibitions in Art Galleries
- “City-Reality-Show” Collective Art Exhibition. Until 29/9 (Technopolis, 100 Peiraios, Gazi)
- “Bad girls don’t go to heaven” Contemporary Art Exhibition of a group of international female artist. Until 4/10 (AD Gallery 47 Iassonos St. -2nd floor-, Kerameikos)
- “Dom” Art Exhibition. Until 10/10 (a.antonopoulou.art, 20 Aristofanous, Psyrri)
- Jeremy Dickinson (paintings), Darren Almond (marbles) – Art Exhibition opening. Ongoing until 26/9. (Xippas Gallery, 53 Sofokleous, Psyrri)
- Tomas Struth – Photographic Exhibition. Until 30/9. (Cycladic Art Museum, 4 Neof. Douka)
- “Without Model” – Art Exhibition (Benaki Museum, 1 Koumpari St, Kolonaki)
- Manolis Babusis. Installation without title in a neoclassical building. Until 4/10. (Center of Modern Art Ileana Tiounda. Direction: Keramikou, Thermiopilon, Keramikos
- “Ancient Athenian Women”* – Temporary Exhibition. Until 30/11. 5€. (National Archaeological Museum, 44 Patission Ave.)
38th BOOK FESTIVAL* 11-27th September
International and greek publishers, in 172 kiosks, present the contemporary publishing production. Interactive activities and a library for children, literature presentations, ecological documentaries, poetry in jazz rhythms, lectures, activities and a comics exhibition on the consequences of chemical pollution.
Place: Zappeio, National Gardens.
Mon-Thur: 18:00-22:30 Fri-Sat: 18:00-23:00 Sun: 11:00-22:30
OPEN AIR CINEMAS nearby*
Cine Paris Placed in the most beautiful area in Athens, under Acropolis…
(22 Kydathineon, Plaka.)
The burning Plain (english) h 20.45 Frozen River (english) h 23.00
Vox A historic rooftop cinema on Exarchia Square, showing films true to the intellectual character of the district. ( 82 Themistokleous, Exarchia)
In the loop (english) h 19.35 Paper Heart (english) h 17.00 / 21.45 / 00.00
NEW ACROPOLIS MUSEUM OPENING TO THE PUBLIC*:
From 21 June 2009 to 31 December 2009, the cost of entry for all visitors is
1 euro. Open: Tuesday to Sunday 8.00-20.00h.