|Lighting of the Christmas tree in Syntagma Square with the City of Athens Philharmonic h 19.30
Mando Diao* Pop/Rock/Indie band Gagarin 205 205 Liosion Av. Attiki metro L1. € 30 h 19.30 http://www.ticketpro.gr
Sugahspank* Greek soul-funk Public (cafe, fifth floor)
1 Karageorgi Serbia St, Syntagma Sq h 20.00 Free
|Maraveyas Ilegal* Mediterranean Rhythms Fnac Mitropoleos St. Monastiraki h 14.00 Admission free
Yannis Kassetas, Jenny Kapadai Jazzy-funky music and photographic exhibition. Bacaro 1 Sophocleous St. h 17.00 Free
5th Season Jazzy music. Christmas magic world in the courtyard of a theatre Badminton Theatre Alsos Stratous Metro L3 h 18.00 Admission free
Rocks on the rocks Rock selectiosn Glam Bar 40 Dekeleon St. Gazi h 23.00 €10 with drink
|Vocal Ensemble Club Unesco of Piraeus In Greek and foreign festive songs Korai Sq Piraeus h 12.00 Admission Free
Common Sense Athenian alternative rock band Six D.O.G.S 6-8 Avramiotis St (rear Athinas St) h 22.00 Admission Free
Tilemahos Moussas, Lambros Pigounis Live improvisatioal experiment Cabaret Voltaire 30 Marathon St & Alexander. Metaxourgio h 20.30 €12
|Chicago Mass Choir* Gospel and Christmas melodies by the most famous gospel group in USA Place: Badminton Theatre Alsos Stratous. Metro L3 Katechaki h 21.30 From €20 http://www.ticketnet.gr Public Syntagma Sq. Another show on 15th.
Sidiropoly Creative jam session. Bacaro 1 Sophocleous St. h 22.00 Free
Despo Varoudaki Greek music. Crossbar of Basil 3 Didotou St Kolonaki h 22.30 €14 with drink
|Eva Kotanidi & The Apples Latin and swing music Ginger Ale 74 Themistocleous St. Exarchia Sq. h 21.00 Admission free
Monika, The boyu, The Callas… Indie cover versions Six D.O.G.S 6-8 Avramiotis St (rear Athinas St) h 21.00 Free
|A Manu Chao-Mano Negra Party Friendship night Nouvelle Decadence 87 Emmanouil Benaki St. Exarchia Free
Doctor Albert Flipout’s One Can Band Blues American music Café Alavastron 78 Damareos, Pangrati h 22.00 Free
|“Zorba the Greek”* Movie Night at the hostel. Classic Greek movie shot in the island of Crete h 21.30
TrellanDJs Party wild party with 15 djs Waiting for Godot 15 Al. Soutsou St, Kolonaki. h 22.30
CHRISTMAS IN THE CITY
ALL DECEMBER Syntagma Square in Athens welcomes Christmas with decorations, entertainment and a chance to meet with St Basil himself (as Santa Claus is known in Greece) Multi-hued wooden cabins in the Town of Treats sell local pastries and sweets. Children can watch the elves as they create toys in Santa’s Workshop, play and chat with St Basil and get to know his magical world.
An antique carousel dating back to 1886 is also on display, featuring vividly-painted horses and charming carriages, and of course the big tree in the middle of the square
Programme with lots of music; classical music, jazz melodies, Christmas songs from around the world, Byzantine hymns, ethnic music and of course traditional dances.
13-16 DECEMBER X-Mas Vintage Overdose Market
New staff, unique vintage x-as gifts and super stock unbelievable sales Intrepid Fox (rock bar) 30 Triptolemou St. Gazi Metro Keramikos h 14.00-23.00
18 DEC -06 JAN Christmas Forest at the National Gardens Skandaliarika elves lead the children at the Christmas Forest houses the Earth to show them the celebrations around the world. Within a unique illuminated garden, children traveling on the knowledge in the fun, decorate the trees with ornaments to make, play music, transformed into kallikatzarakia, send good wishes to the whole world, learn about the environment and have fun with performances, fairy tales and stories of Santa Claus! Daily h 10.00-17.00
11-17 DEC – ZULU 9:30 @ AT HALF NOTE*
From the multicultural breeding ground of Barcelona, Zulu 9.30 blends a powerful mix of dancehall reggae, salsa, fun, and a hint of hiphop. Taking the famous Barcelona born Musica Mestiza to another level. Don’t miss them at Halfnote 17 Trivonianou St. Mets District. (Lines 1-2 Leoforous Vouilagmenis) h 22:30. Tickets from €30 (€20 students) with drink.
- Cheapart Exhibition of 15 years of cheapart TAF (The Art Fountation) 5 Normandou St. Monastiraki. Art Bar in a courtyard of a neoclassical building . Open from h 19-.00 till late.
- Mark America Exhibition Retrospective exhibition of the American artist and pioneer in the media arts fields. Until 03/01. (National Museum of Comtemporany Art Vas. Georgiou Β’ 17-19 and Rigillis St. Metro Evangelismos)
- “Beyond the silence” Retrospective of the Iranian artist Y.Z Kami – paintings, sculpture, drawings, photographs and collages- Until 10/01 Entrance 3€ / 1,5€ students. (National Museum of Contemporany Art. Vas. Georgiou Β’ 17-19 and Rigillis St. Metro Evangelismos)
- “The Creation of Image” Warhol/Icon: Until 06/01 (Byzantine and Christian Museum, 15 Vassilis Sofias Av.) Tue-Sun 8.30-15.00
- Warhol Screen test Until 06/01. (Potnia Thiron Gallery, 7 Zaimi St, Exarchia) Mon-Fri 10-21
- The Complete Sculptures of Edgar Degas 74 bronze sculptures. Until 25/04. (Herakleidon Museum 16 Herakleidon St Thisio. € 6 students € 4