Bleeps.gr & Christine Dinopoulou
From 8/05 to 12/6
Opening: Sat. 08/05, 8.00 pm
Some of the projects in the street of Bleeps.gr refer to classical Greek art interpreted to postmodern era. Others refer to the foundations of inner self, childhood, purity and innocence.
Bleeps.gr also explores the foundations of “perception” by attempting to use the subjects as protagonists in obscure events. On the other hand Bleeps.gr aim at disputing the aesthetic standards especially the ones related to consumerism. The goal overall is to raise issues concerning conventions (eg religion, politics, monetary system, consumerism etc)
The procedure of creating starts as an initial idea which accepts historical and philosophical elements in order to lead to its final shape. When all that comes to the stage of being materialized Bleeps.gr try to combine impulse with mathematics. The pseudonym Bleeps.gr is a depersonalization of the artist as an individual thus identified as a website.
Christine Dinopoulou capture with her camera some moments with potential to reveal inner feelings. Christine find inspiration in times when reality seems cold, obscure almost cynical, in people with dull feelings unable to listen and be inspired by the sounds and echoes of the urban environment, weak enough not to observe and realize all the changes taking place around ,on and inside them. People who have forgotten or simply ignore the emotions which can be caused to others with a glance, a wave, a smile.
“Seldom does a travel destination satisfy the blurbs that shout ‘has something for everyone’ –but Greece truly does”. This is the Lonely Planet’s opinion for our country, placing it in the second position in the list of the best travel destinations for 2010. The ancient beauty of Delos, the grandeur of Delphi, the rugged hillsides of Crete, the earthiness of Ioannina, the sun and the nightlife of Mykonos island, the rembetadika of Thesaloniki, the gossip of the villagers in the countryside’s coffee shops, the tang of the local cuisine and finally the incomparable beauty of the Parthenon in contrast with the hazy sprawl of Athens are the reasons to travel in Greece.
Try with us this Italian red sparkling wine.
Sweet taste! Unusual fragrance and harmony.
ONLY €2 per glass!
This Sunday at AthenStyle roof top terrace
Events in the city
|Cristina Fontana Sextet Soul acid jazz, r’n’b groovy jazz Bacaro 1 Sofokleous St. h 22.30 Free
Music from the 60’s till now Ennea Bar 9 Tournavitou St. Psirri. h 22.00
Screamin’ Athens Horror Film Festival* 22 films and shorts. From all around the world. Ticket 10€ for all screenings each day (Friday and Saturday) Gagarin 205 Live Music Space 205 Liosion St. (Attica Metro stop) h 21.30
Cosplay Karaoke Party Japanese concept party (karaoke, Japanese music and dresscode) L.Katsoni 11 and Ippokratous, Exarchia h 22.00 €7 with drink
W Opening Party* summer season in the mainstream club W 24 Kanari St. Kolonaki Sq h 22.00 €15 with drink
Baseless A dance set. Deep house sounds of rich soul, jazzy and afro set Void 26 Evmolpidon St. Gazi h 23.00 Free
|Flow Job Performance of the rapper and guests An Club 13-15 Solomou St. Exarchia h 20.00 €8
Shackleton/Skream/Benga/Mala/Darkstar* Five of the top representatives of dubstep Bios 84 Peireos St. h 23.00 €20
Rave on Audio tribute to the rave explosion Six D.O.G.S 6-8 Avramiotou St. Psirri h 23.00 Free
VHS (Very Hot Stuff)* Live performance ‘80s, pop, disco music Void 26 Evmolpidon St. Gazi h 23 €5
|Recoil* Experimental music by Alan Wilder ex Depeche Mode. Fuzz Club 1 P. Ioakeim St. h 21.00 €28 presale in Public Store
Art in Rock, apopira Rock selections by Greek band Glam Bar 40 Dekeleon, Gazi h 22.00
Dream on A trip to electronic and ambient atmospheres. Loop 3 Asomatos Sq. Monastiraki. h 23.00. Free
|Kim Lenz and the jaguars* Rockabilly female vocalist and the trio of Jaguars. Selections from the album Half Note Club 17 Trivonianou St. Mets. h 22.30 From € 20 (€15 students)
The Teranga beat party A path to the sounds of West Africa from ‘60s until today Folie 2 Eslin St. Ampelokipoi h 22.30 Free
|Melodia Soul and rock ‘n’ roll sounds Gasoline 23A Gargittion St, Gazi h 22.00 Free
Albertime Rock, blues, soul, funk Bacaro 1 Sofokleous St. h 22.00 Free
ON GOING UNTIL 29 APR @ OPERA LA BOHEMEStart: 01/23/2010 – 20:57End: 01/24/2010 – 20:57
Art, freedom, friendship, innocence, youth, poverty and love dominate the story, which takes us to Paris where Rodolfo’s love for Mimi develops alongside the life of the most famous Bohemian company and is sealed by the unfortunate death of the heroine. It is an opera for young and old with contemporary and moving direction.
Dont miss the impressive production of La Boheme by Graham Vick a the Greek National Opera 59-61 Akadimias S. Metro Panepistimio. Line 2. h 20.00. Tickets from €20 students €15
- “Samples of Art” 45 artist of the arteshop on line gallery exhibit their works. Manifactura Zoodochou Pigis St. Exarchia. Until 16/04
- “Hopes, dreams and hard times” Inner look at a microcosm of the residents of New York of the post 9/11 era (Benaki Museum 138 Pireos Av.) Wed,Thu,Sun 10-6 Fri-Sat Until 18/04
- Sofia Fotiadou “Age of innocence” The artist refers to a lost or forgotten innocence. (Artzone 42 Agiou Konstantinou St. Metaxourgeio)
- Lavigne Laskaris “Time and sequence” Photographs of India Centre for Contemporany art Ileana Tounta Armatolon and 48 Klefton St Mon-Fri 11-20 Sat 12-16. Until 24/04
- Shirana Shahbazi “Reverse order” Iranian photographer. Anatomy of viewing. The Breeder 5 Iasonos St. Tue-Fri 12-20 Sat 12-17 Until 24/04
- Ansel Adams photography black&white photos of landscapes and national parks of United States. Benaki Museum 138 Pireos Av. Until 30/04
- The Complete Sculptures of Edgar Degas 74 bronze sculptures. Until 25/04. (Herakleidon Museum 16 Herakleidon St Thisio. € 6 students € 4
- Road Trip: USA.16994.61 by Yiorgis Yerolymbos. A.antonopoulou.art 20 Aristofanous St, 4th floor. Psyrri Tue-Fri 12.00–20.00 Sat 12.00-16.00. Until 29/04
- Nan Goldin photo exhibition by the dark star of the underground. (Rebecca Camhi Gallery 9 Leonidiou St Metaxourgio.) Until 29/05
- “Miró of Majorca” Works of the period at his workshop in Majorca. Oils and great number of engravings (Hellenic Cosmos Cultural Centre 254 Pireos Av. Metro Kallithea.) € 6 Until 30/05
- “Archetypes” Giorgos Triantafyllou 180 photographs illustrating huts and pens scatteres in the Greek landscape. Byzantine and Christian Museum 22 Vas Sofias, Kolonaki. Tues-Sun 8.30-15.00 (Free admission for everyone every Sunday) Until 30/06
The egg was an important symbol in the mythologies of many early civilizations. It was commonly believed that the universe developed from a great egg and that the halves of its shell corresponded to Heaven and earth. Many pre-Christian and Indo-European peoples, like Egyptians or Persians made a practice of colouring eggs in the spring as a fertility ritual.
Greeks mainly colour eggs red (scarlet) to signify the blood of Christ. They use hard-boiled eggs (painted red on Holy Thursday) which are baked into twisted sweet-bread loaves or distributed on Easter Sunday; people rap their eggs against their friends’ eggs and the owner of the last uncracked egg is considered lucky.