1. Use an “Incognito Window” when searching for flights and hotels. Some companies will boost the prices just because you’ve been searching the web for prices.
2. If you’re looking to buy a flight ticket, wait until 3 p.m. on Tuesdays. Studies indicate this is the cheapest day/time to do it.
3. Want a travel cheap? Opt for a trip during shoulder season or low season whenever possible. Sure, the weather might not always be ideal, but you’ll end up going to some of the hottest global spots for a lot less—and that’s usually when the locals are there, so you can skip the annoying tourist hordes.
4. Whenever you’re searching for flights/hotels online, google the words “promo,” “discount,” “coupon,” or “corporate code” with the destination’s name. You never know what little deals might be lurking out there!
5. Always check your chosen airline’s baggage fee policies. Most airlines allow you to check at least one bag free, but always double-check, so you don’t end up wasting $60 before you’ve even gotten to your destination.
6. Nothing is more annoying than having your phone, laptop, and/or iPad chargers tangled all over your suitcase. Organize these pesky little chargers in a spare glasses case.
7. Rolling your clothes instead of folding them will to save tons of baggage space—which means you can pack more outfits! Yay.
8. Put a shower cap around your shoes to make sure the dirty soles don’t end up getting surrounding clothes dirty, too. Protect those summer whites!
9. Throw a couple of plastic grocery bags in your suitcase. You never know what you’ll need it for, and it can make organizing things in your bag a heck of a lot easier once you’re on your trip.
10. Forget your charger completely? Always check with the hotel front desk—some previous guests accidentally leave their chargers and the front desk usually has a box of them.
11. Fun Fact: To use Google Maps offline, type “OK Maps,” in the destination search bar and the visible area will save if you need to access the map later during your trip.
Next time you’re coming to Athens visit our site http://www.athenstyle.com
and book your stay. Follow us on FB and Twitter for news and offers!